Wednesday, May 5, 2010

Hero

Dear boy on the street corner,

You are my hero of the day. Maybe of the year. I'm not sure about the second one. Seeing you today made me so happy. I don't know your name, where you live, or really anything about you other than the fact that you skateboard and go to LBCC. I am very thankful to you today, and I am sure Mother Earth is, too.

When you decided to drop your skateboard in the gutter and drop to your knees in the street, I admit that I thought you were crazy. But when I saw you pull a paper bag from your pocket and begin to scoop up trash with your clean hands, I almost shed a tear. Then, you filled your bag, ran to the trash can to toss it, ran back, jumped on your skateboard, and went off to school.

Thank you, boy on the street corner. Thank you for cleaning up our home one street corner at a time.

From,
Heidi

1 comment: